The Storage Rack Association (DEPORAFDER), in order to be able to reach its goals, identified within the framework of the stated Vision and Mission, five different but interrelated sector groups. These groups are the storage rack users, suppliers, assemblers, recyclers and resellers. Various expertise committees have been established and continue their work for more effective and efficient structural design, manufacturing, installation and use of industrial storage racking systems as well as betterment of quality and sustainability of these production related stages of SRSs. All working committees have adopted a common mission to raise consciousness and provide solutions for real world problems of the storage racking sector.
- Play a guiding role in the periodic condition assessment and maintenance of existing industrial storage racking systems and inspect, on behalf of the SRS user companies, the services given by the assessment companies and make sure that the user companies receive the highest quality service.
- Play a guiding role on the determination of the load-bearing capacity and earthquake performance of existing storage rack systems. This would also include proposing and preparation of the necessary structural strengthening projects. The association could also provide consultancy services on checking the reliability of the services given.
- Support the SRS User companies, through consultancy services, in the optimization activities that would lead to more efficient use of the warehouse storage systems.
- Play a guiding role in the dis-assembly and re-assembly activities as part of the transportation and transformation of existing storage racking systems.
- Organize education and training programs in relation to occupational health and safety and inspection and maintenance activities that SRS user companies are currently holding within the warehouse.
- Support the SRS user companies in their quality processes related to structural safety, durability and general sustainability issues.
- On behalf of the SRS user companies, provide guidance and consultancy services to ensure that the racking systems supplied by supplier companies are designed to the up-to-date technical standards.
- Contribute and support SRS user companies in drawing up technical specifications related to the manufacturing and installation of the new storage racking systems.
- Provide guidance and consultancy services for the SRS user companies to ensure that both manufacturing and installation practices carried out by the rack supplier company regarding the new racking systems conform fully the techincal specifications related to manufacture and installation.
- Support SRS user companies in the provisional and final acceptance stages related to the new storage racking systems installed by a supplier company.
- Organize consciousness raising activities related to SRS user companies such as workshops, national and international seminars, conferences and publish the DEPORAFDER technical bulletin. Focus on real needs and problems of SRS users and address them in these activities.
- Turkish SRS supplier companies mostly do not have the experience or company culture to carry out their design and manufacturing activities according to up-to-date engineering standards. With this respect, the association has a mission to improve the current situation of the supplier companies by providing guidance and consultancy services in all sorts of engineering design and manufacturing activities.
- According to valid international technical standards the structural design of steel storage racking systems necessitates the physical testing of members, connections and sub-systems (described in the standards) to obtain certain performance indicator values. On the other hand, in relation to seismic design of storage rack systems certain cyclic tests should be performed on the beam-to-column connections of the rack frames in the down-aisle direction. All the aforementioned test services will be provided for the SRS designer and / supplier companies through the test laboratory that is planned to be established by the association or the companies can be directed to alternative test laboratories both in Turkey and abroad.
- Support storage rack supplier companies in their quality processes with respect to providing consistency in the production. For instance, one type of proprietary beam-to-column connection should be expected to exhibit an initial bending stiffness value within a tolarable range of values (with a low value of standard deviation). All the technical processes effecting such values including material selection or manufacturing method should be monitored carefully under the scope of a quality control scheme under which repeated tests should be carried out for better reliability. The tests to be carried out for quality control purposes are described in detail in the relevant codes.
- Support SRS supplier companies’ global competitiveness goals through research and development activities and by promoting to increase the company innovation culture. The above mentioned test laboratory is a useful way of realizing the research and development activities of the supplier companies.
- Organize consciousness raising activities related to SRS supplier companies such as workshops, national and international seminars, conferences and publish the DEPORAFDER technical bulletin. Focus on real needs and problems of SRS suppliers and address them in these activities.
- Provide guidance and necessary consultancy services with respect to the static and seismic analysis and design of the rack structural systems produced by the supplier companies.
- Carry out, on demand, the necessary reverse engineering activities for the finished SRS projects.
- Act as independent audit to overcome possible problems and conflicts between SRS user and supplier companies.blemlerin giderilmesine katkıda bulunmak.
The mission of the association is to make research on up-to-date information related to safe and efficient on-site assembly procedures related to storage racking systems, compile them and disseminate the information through courses and seminars. In relation to this mission, one important goal of the association is to start the Storage Rack Assemblers Certification Program (SRACP). Under this program storage rack assembly personnel will be trained to be able to carry out a more efficient and safer SRS installation and they will be given a SRACP Certificate. For the preparation of the SRACP program, the association will be working in close cooperation with institutions such as ERF, RMI and SEMA.
The mission of the association related to SRS Recyclers is to play a guiding role in the safe and efficient disassembly, transport, assembly and general conversion and recovery activities of used storage rack systems put up for sale by their owners. Conversion of used storage rack systems generally involves making modifications in the existing geometry of the systems and hence need to be re-designed for structural safety. Hence companies dealing with such conversions (recyclers) need to be aware of the potential risks. The association has a high opinion of the activities carried out by SRS recycling companies in terms of their indirect contribution to a more sustainable environment.
SRS Resellers are companies that are not involved directly in the manufacturing of the systems but rather purchase the systems technically specified by a SRS user company with the intention of selling them to obtain profit. The reseller companies are responsible for the coordination of all necessary steps of the standard process including proper design, manufacture and installation of the systems. SRS reseller companies need to be aware of the important quality and sustainability targets of the sector and with this respect DEPORAFDER has a mission to contribute to the improvement of the activities of SRS reseller companies and help overcome the deficiencies where necessary.